Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Moving Over Battle Lines

There is a logical explanation for the time between my last blog and this one....My husband and I just moved to the next town over, Falmouth. Falmouth is where most of the circus-freak drama goes on, so here I am, over the battle lines. And by circus-freak, I mean the most absurd cases of adults acting worse than any 10 year old I've met. And that's an insult to the 10 year olds.

Before I dish, let me squeal about my new house for a minute. My husband and I moved from a cute, small house, perfect for the two of us, in an adorable neighborhood in Portland. Now we have a massive, 5 bedroom house with almost 2 acres of land, surrounded by trees. All this space, does in fact mean that we are hoping to expand our family. Nothing thus far, but no fear, we'll keep working on that.

Now, onto the adult-children of Falmouth. Alright, alright...I'm exaggerating by including all of Falmouth in that statement. It's one in particular that I speak of right now, and she's our old friend, Lisa. Lisa is still going after Natasha. Lisa wants to kick Natasha to the curb and then put a Nine West outlet heel in her kidneys. Lisa recently went to someone at the country club and complained that Natasha was spreading rumors about her. Were I the recipient of this complaint I would have replied with, "Who cares? Grow up." But apparently this sort of atmoshere is the perfect place for the narcissistic, immature types. Her complaint has been registered and Natasha may be called in front of the country club's "board of governors" and potentially have her own membership revoked. Ridiculous. I offered my husband's services, as an attorney, to give legal representation during this process. I'm hoping he goes into the board meeting and gives a great 1-liner like, "I think we can all agree that this is pure hogwash." Something Paul Newman would have said.
So, Real Housewife lesson for today is: If you have an adult approach you with a completely infantile request, please do not entertain these fancies at all. Just counter with, "Who cares? Grow up." Some people need to learn that it is not all about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment